Paprika Grilled Chicken
Total time: 45 min.
Prep time: 20 min.
Cook time: 25 min.
Number of servings (yield): 4
- 8 chicken pieces (thighs & drumsticks) Bone in
- salt to taste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 chillies
- 2 tsp (level) smoked paprika
- 2 tsp (level) cumin powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
1) In a food processor blend ingredients for the marinade together to make a smooth paste and set aside.
2) Make 3 or 4 slits on the chicken pieces and sprinkle generously with salt.
3) Rub the marinade all over the chicken pieces and leave to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes, or if time permits leave to marinate over night.
4) Pre heat the grill on a medium heat.
5) Place the chicken pieces in the grill and cook for around 25-30 minutes turning occassionally until the chicken is cooked and the skin is slightly charred.
6) Serve immediately with a freshly dressed salad and rice or chips.